Rural Retreat, only minutes to town
Looking to escape the noise of neighbours next door, retire from out west or simply need more space for the family?
This rural retreat will provide all that and more!
Only 10 minutes drive to Kmart in Toowoomba (via bitumen road) and yet all of the peace and quiet you have been looking for!
The property is 51 acres, with 2.5 acres of alluvial creek flats and 48.5 acres of sandstone hills and spring fed creeks. Plenty of room for your fruit trees, vege garden, chooks, milking cow, horses and house pets!
The farm already has mango trees, an avocado tree, orange trees, a macadamia tree, an apricot and plum tree. There is lots of space for you to add (or subtract) from these!
The remainder of the property is listed as Land for Wildlife and has beautiful bushland for walking, bike riding or camping.
This property would suit people looking for the following:
- a flood free property, where you don’t have to worry about any of the extreme events;
- a short drive to school for the kids (or school bus to boundary of property);
- Council rubbish service for your wheelie bins at the front gate;
- quick drive (10 minutes) via bitumen road to shops and work;
- rainwater tanks and bore;
- peace, quiet and privacy;
- lovely, friendly neighbours who are always there if you need them;
- a low maintenance home and property for those who aren’t looking for a lot of work;
- bushland that has been protected for the last 25 years, not grazed or burnt and dedicated to nature and the local wildlife;
- beautiful valley views for those that want to get home from a big day at work and relax on the verandah with a cool drink.
If you are wanting:
- a rural retreat within 1.5 hours of Brisbane;
- a quieter, larger block so that you can move out of Toowoomba and give the kids more space in the bush; or
- to downsize from a large property out west to be closer to town.
…..then this is the property!
Why are we selling?
This property has been in our family for the last 25 years and we will find it heart wrenching to sell! However, our parents are looking to retire and move to the ocean, closer to the rest of our family. No doubt that our loss will be your gain!!
Full Property Details:
- Four bedroom, two bathroom lowset brick house, with renovated kitchen and wrap around veranda (more photos below).
- Natural lighting throughout house, spectacular valley views from all main living areas.
- Wood Fire for winter nights.
- Regional Ecosystems: 12.8.14 (Eucalyptus eugenioides, E. biturbinata, E. melliodora, Corymbia intermedia) and 12.3.7 (Fringing Woodland and creeklines)
- 170 Kensington Pride Mango trees with drip water lines.
- Semi-permanent bore with electric submersible pump.
- 7000 gallon borewater header tank.
- 2x 5000 gallon rainwater tanks (plumbed).
- solar hot water.
- 10m x 9m lockable shed with 2 roller doors, concrete floor and work benches.
- 3 bay, 12m x 8m carport.
- Garden shed – 3m x 3m.
- 7m x 7m open farm shed (previously a milking cow bay).
- fencing – the previous owner used to graze cattle. However, we haven’t run stock for the last 25 years. So, the fencing would need work if you want to run stock.
- Large chook pen & bird cage.
- Small ephemeral dry rainforest creek along eastern boundary; spring fed, semi-permanent creek along northern boundary.
- drip irrigation to all mango trees & garden.
- note that all blocks in this area have a covenant over them that specifies no lot splitting for the purposes of development.
- main road (bitumen) access to three directions – road to west of house goes back up to Ruthven St Toowoomba; road to east of house accesses the Flagstone Creek Road, which either takes you back up to Middle Ridge Toowoomba or down into the Lockyer Valley.
- takes 1.5 hours to Brisbane via the Flagstone Creek Road and Warrego Highway.
Property Address: “Lakkari”, 231 Upper Flagstone Creek Road, Toowoomba.
For Sale by Owner.
Asking Price: $600,000 neg.